Seeking an outstanding, highly motivated researcher who will contribute high-quality research in the areas of chemical biology and drug discovery. The major responsibility of this position will be the design, synthesis, purification, and characterization of small molecules as potential therapeutics. Extensive experience with standard techniques in organic synthesis, including extraction, purification (distillation, chromatography), and characterization (NMR, IR, Mass Spectrometry) is required. Experience in chemoinformatics and designing and constructing DNA-encoded chemical libraries is preferred. Additionally, the candidate will be required to assist junior members of the lab in conducting experiments. This position requires a candidate with excellent communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff.
Essential duties will include:
• Designing synthetic routes to potential small molecule therapeutics.
• Synthesizing, purifying, and characterizing organic compounds.
• Collecting, compiling, and analyzing data.
• Rigorously maintaining laboratory notebooks and related records.
• Clearly communicating results of experiments.
• Assisting in the preparation of laboratory reports, manuscripts, and patents.
• Maintaining laboratory organization.
• Adhering strictly to safety protocols and maintaining high standards of experimental practice.