Postdoctoral Associate - Center for Gene Therapy
Job posting number: #7057704 (Ref:208172SM)
Posted: June 13, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The candidate should have a received a PhD in biomedical sciences, with focus on cancer immunology and/or the tumor microenvironment. In addition, strong technical skills, computer and math abilities, as well as organizational and judgment skills are essential. The project is focused on cancer immunotherapy with Chimeric Antigen Receptor T cells. The project will involve experiments in the areas of cell biology, molecular biology, and immunology. Techniques used include but are not limited to:
- Isolation of human cells from blood samples, cell sorting, culture of murine and human cell lines, transduction of cells with plasmids and/or viral vector.
- Elispot assays; FACS analysis; Cytotoxicity assays
- DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, cloning, Western blot analysis
- Animal experiments to evaluate the safety and antitumor effects of CAR T cells on Xenograft mouse models In addition, independent planning of experiments, writing manuscripts, abstracts, and grant applications, and mentoring students is required.
- PhD in biomedical sciences or related.
- Experience in the areas of cell biology, molecular biology, and immunology.