Postdoctoral Associate - Pediatrics
Job posting number: #7057702 (Ref:162674KP)
Posted: June 13, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for a Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT)-Funded Projects to study the role of cohesin and Separase proteins in hematopoiesis, hematopoietic gene transcription, hematological malignancies, and epigenetics of lineage specification. The lab focuses on gene transcription in cohesin and chromatin context in normal development and disease. The incumbents will study cohesin and Separase in Hematopoietic stem cells and mice models.
- Participate in the preparation of research grant applications, implement funded research studies and train Pediatric Hematology-Oncology fellows in the laboratory.
- Coordinate research projects with collaborators from other laboratories.
- Assist with initial training and functions as a mentor for other laboratory personnel in the design and execution of experiments, analysis, and organization of results, and suggestions for future experiments.
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Proven ability to present and publish research results.
- The Postdoctoral Associate must have experience in laboratory research techniques and presentation of research results in scientific fora.
- Experience with hematopoiesis strongly preferred.