Job posting number: #7057344
Posted: May 17, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob purpose :
To lead a nutrition related fundamental sciences and technology platform. Plan and oversee the performance of the nutritional team in order to meet determined targets. Responsible for Nutrition Research and Program Management to achieve business objectives. Strengthen Global Innovation team to build capabilities including people and facility capability in nutrition science. The nutrition lead will be point contact for consultancy service and manage activities in the field of food and nutrition including human health & wellness, nutrition science and research for the Thai Union’s Global Innovation Incubator-TU Gii (i.e. Technical and Development, Science and Research, Innovation Support) and other TU business units such as Emerging Market, OEM, Factory- production, R&D, and QA/QC Network broadly with external/ internal nutrition communities to stay up to date on recent scientific advances and state of the art technologies; and to maintain credibility with the external scientific and regulatory communities.
Job responsibility :
- Manage and coordinate with high impact external parties such as state-owned research institutes and leading industry research agencies to understand the latest trends in nutrition led products across difference product categories.
- Develop plans and guidelines related to nutrition to promote health and wellness throughout the Thai Union organization (for example, development of nutrition education to support health/wellness claims in new & existing products).
- Drive, identify, and champion the opportunities related from nutrition/nutrition sciences to address the needs of the business and the consumer.
- Review and develop an efficient working procedure and standard of practice for the nutrition team and global innovation. Coordinate with Science & Research, Technology & Development teams within innovation center and global Brand Management to identify fundamental nutrition sciences required for key business strategies. Review and provide feedback on nutritional marketing claims.
- Plan and monitor the nutrition team budget. Continuously build a high capabilities diverse team of people to achieve departmental objectives.
- Support nutrition education and training for internal audiences.
- Master degree or Ph.D. in Nutrition or related fields
- 15+ years experiences in Human Nutrition projects Working in/with research and development teams
- ***Working in Food Industry***
- Experience Leadership or participating in nutrition related research and ability to manage multiple projects, with strong research publication track record