Soc Science Research Coordinator
Job posting number: #7057264
Posted: May 13, 2019
Job DescriptionSocial Science Research Coordinator:
The Department of Psychology is seeking a full-time Social Science Research Coordinator to assist the Initiative’s three coordinating professors. The Research Coordinator will work most closely with Spanlab members on NeuroChoice-funded neuroimaging and behavioral investigations of the neural correlates of incentive processing. Although these investigations are broadly designed to produce results relevant to psychopathology and decision-making, current efforts center on addiction research. We therefore seek someone with a strong interest in neuroscience research related to addiction.
The main responsibilities will be: Maintaining existing relationships with addiction treatment facilities, Recruiting and scheduling substance-use disordered and healthy control research participants, Collecting human subject data (including MRI scanner operation, semi-structured clinical interviewing, neurocognitive testing, and other behavioral data collection), Data processing and analysis, Preparing amendments/submissions/compliance reports and reviews for the Stanford IRB, Assisting with journal article and report preparation and submission, Training to undergraduate research assistants, Coordinate the activities of the Stanford Network on Addiction Policy (SNAP), Coordinate meetings of the overall group and sub-teams, Maintain and update group emails lists and websites, and Assist with planning for any special events (e.g. symposia, visiting scholars).
This is a one year fixed term position with possibility of renewal upon funding availability.
** To be considered, please submit your most recent resume and cover letter**
• Prepare correspondence, documents and reports
• Maintain and file forms and documents, including consent forms and master subject logs.
• Assist with the screening, recruiting, and obtaining consent of study participants. Perform telephone or in-person interviews to gather data, as needed. Schedule and/or call subjects for appointments.
• Order and maintain equipment and supplies.
• Process study compensation payments and thank you letters to subjects upon completion of trial activities. Assist with post-study activities, as needed.
• Maintain the lab homepage and lab wiki.
• Apply formulas and calculations to research data using basic statistical programs. Review and verify accuracy of database information and assist in making necessary corrections according to specific guidelines.
* - Other duties may also be assigned