Job posting number: #7057229
Posted: May 8, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionWe are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to join the laboratory of Dr. Sun (https://dentistry.vcu.edu/contacts/profile/yue-sun/) at Philips Institute & Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU). The research in our laboratory focuses on the abnormal signaling events and micro-environmental regulation in cancer progression. Currently, we are particularly interested in the role of phosphoinositide signaling and Receptor Tyrosine Kinases signaling in oral cancer. This research will lead to the development of novel anti-cancer therapies. The work will involve cell culture, biochemical characterization, functional cell biology assay, and transgenic mice models.
Our team is integrated into the Cancer Cell Signaling Program at our NCI-designated Cancer Center. This opportunity is ideal for postdocs who are interested in basic cancer research.
Competitive salary with excellent benefits and travel opportunities will be provided commensurate with experience.
VCU is located at Richmond, Virginia, in the east coast of United States and is close to Washington, D.C.
• PhD in molecular biology, cell Biology, biochemistry or related area.
• Highly motivated with hands on experience on various molecular biology, protein chemistry, cell biology, and cancer biology experiments.
• Hands on experience on dark-field, fluorescence, and confocal microscopes.
• Prior experience in mouse xenograft or transgenic models is a plus point but not required.
• The candidate is expected to play an active and collaborative role in the lab and the department.
To apply, please email a cover letter, CV, and the names and contact information (including phone numbers) of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.