Postdoctoral Positions in Optical Bio-sensing, Diagnostics and Imaging
Job posting number: #7057028
Posted: April 17, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionLaboratory for Optical Micromechanics and Imaging
Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA USA
The Laboratory for Optical Micromechanics and Imaging at the Wellman Center for Photomedicine is seeking highly motivated PhD scientists to fill open postdoctoral positions in Biomedical Optical Diagnostics, Imaging and Biosensing. Our laboratory is located at the Wellman Center for Photomedicine at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School. The Wellman Center is the world’s largest academic research facility dedicated to the development of light-mediated, diagnostic and therapeutic technologies.
At the Laboratory for Optical Micromechanics and Imaging, directed by Dr. Seemantini Nadkarni, our mission is to innovate, develop, translate and commercialize light-based technologies to address major clinical problems in hemorrhage and thrombosis, atherosclerosis and cancer mechanobiology. Candidates with strong backgrounds in Engineering, Optics, Physics and other relevant disciplines are sought to join leading efforts in the development and application of new optical technologies such as Laser Speckle Rheology, Optical Coherence Tomography, Polarization-sensitive imaging, Point-of-care optical diagnostics, Microfluidic technologies and Endoscopic imaging probes.
For more information about our research please visit: http://nadkarnilab.mgh.harvard.edu
1. Exceptional candidates will have a Ph.D. degree in Optical Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Biomedical Engineering, Physics or other relevant disciplines.
2. Multiple positions are available for candidates with demonstrated excellence in one or more of the following areas: Optics and Photonics, Optical system design and Instrumentation, Biosensing technologies and Point-of-care diagnostics, Microfluidics, and Medical device development.
3. Advanced programming skills in Matlab, LabView and/or C++ are highly desirable.
4. A keen interest in innovating medical technologies for clinical translation
5. An entrepreneurial mindset with keen interest in innovation and commercialization is a plus
To apply: Interested candidates are invited to send their detailed CV, a cover letter describing training and research experience, and names and contact information of three referees to Dr. Seemantini Nadkarni via email at email@example.com with the subject line: Postdoctoral fellowship application 2019.