Research Nurse II - Office of Research
Job posting number: #7056128 (Ref:0303120CS)
Posted: February 23, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
This Research Nurse II position is within Office of Clinical Research (OCR), which provides centralized support to Investigators who conduct studies at Baylor College of Medicine and/or affiliated hospitals. We are seeking a competent level research nurse who provides professional nursing skills involving patient related research efforts. Responsible for patient care in a clinical research area. Duties may include screening and enrolling subjects, starting peripheral intravenous catheter, obtaining blood and other specimens for tests, processing and shipment of specimens to various laboratories as applicable, administering medications, recording data for research analysis, and maintaining patient records. This position requires travel between Baylor College of Medicine and affiliated hospitals within the Houston Texas Medical Center, as well as occasional after hours and weekends.
- Assists Clinical Res. Manager with pre-study visits and feasibility assessments.
- Coordinates and ensures accurate protocol implementation and conduct for all assigned protocols.
- Completes case report forms and performs quality assurance checks on all data (in coordination with the QA/QC Manager).
- Coordinates regulatory and IRB interactions in collaboration with the OCR regulatory staff.
- Performs responsibilities in a manner that promotes quality and safe patient care and customer service.
- Adheres to the scope of practices as defined by the Texas Nurse Practice Act.
- Recruits, screens, enrolls and evaluate patients that participate in a research study.
- Schedules study visits and meetings related to studies.
- Collects study specimens and check subjects’ vital signs.
- Administer study medications.
- Follow subjects’ progress and advises the Principal Investigator.
- Maintains patient charts and medical records.
- Ensures the clinical studies are conducted in accordance with guidelines of the FDA and other regulatory agencies.
- Educates patients in significant aspects of study.
- Serves as a liaison and distributes research information to faculty, research staff, principle investigator, and others as required.
- May assist in developing the clinical trial agreement.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned; Maintains clean and safe work environment.
- Stocks and orders supplies.
- Provides training and guidance to research nurses and other research personnel and serves as a resource to staff.
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Two years of experience as a licensed Registered Nurse (RN). Degrees in lieu of experience will not be accepted.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
- Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) or Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP).