Postdoctoral Fellow - Neonatology - Medical College of Wisconsin
Job posting number: #7052336
Posted: August 6, 2018
Job DescriptionOur well-established program in Neonatology in the Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin is recruiting a Postdoctoral Fellow who is motivated to develop a career in academic and Community Neonatology.
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is one of the largest healthcare employers in Wisconsin. We are a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists and health professionals; we discover and translate new knowledge in the biomedical and health sciences; we provide cutting-edge, collaborative patient care of the highest quality; and we improve the health of the communities we serve.
Primary functions of this available position include:
• Plan, design and execute complex research studies, procedures and protocols.
• Brings new ideas, innovative experiments, performs experiments, and collects data.
• Is responsible for maintaining data, reports and evaluating outcomes from the experiments.
• Participate in discovery projects.
• Coordinate research study activities; lead and manage projects.
• Oversee organization, synthesis and analysis of data and findings.
• Prepare scientific reports, outcome findings and scientific manuscripts.
• Participate in meetings with principle investigator and research staff in which you will evaluate/interpret the validity of data, develop methodologies, and design and evaluate lab procedures.
• Maintain supplies, may require negotiation with vendors, and track purchase orders.
• May oversee the work of laboratory personnel including training and development as well as daily work direction, delegation and establishing priorities.
• Conducts in vitro and in vivo experiments with small animals such as mice. Must be comfortable working with small animals.
• Skilled in lung histology and angiogenesis studies of the lung.
• Use of immunostaining techniques and immunoblotting of tissue samples.
Our program will provide ample opportunity for growth and academic collaboration. A competitive salary, benefit and start-up package will be offered.
Minimum Required Education: PhD in a scientific field or MD
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.