Job posting number: #7194784
Posted: November 17, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Summary:
Performs tasks related to the design, implementation, support/maintenance, and enhancement of NU's enterprise, vendor and in-house developed applications. Documents functional requirements, analyzes requirements in the context of software and processes, develops and executes test plans, assists with and documents business process improvement efforts, and works with production issues. Completes content, process, and procedures for technical and functional system work that is low to medium in complexity. Typically works with senior staff, but may coordinate smaller or less complex projects independently.
· Partners with senior analysts, end users and peers to document and analyze functional requirements, identify gaps and alternative approaches to meet requirements, and ensure all deliverables completed (adhering to approved methodology and documentation standards).
· Partners with functional users and technical and reporting staff to determine best approaches, ensuring that approved solutions are implemented in a timely and correct fashion.
· Drafts accurate documentation of process, procedure, and system/application configuration.
· Formulates and executes test scripts, implementation project plans, rolls out communications and training materials.
· Outlines medium complexity use cases.
· Formulates test scripts and performs detailed testing for moderate to complex use cases to ensure that the implemented software functions correctly.
· Participates in and may facilitate iterative feedback processes among users, developers, and analysts to ensure software functionality aligns with requirements. Draws on prior implementation experience to engage in discussions.
· Assists in software evaluation and enters moderate to complex configurations to meet user needs.
· Collects feedback from users on application performance and escalates moderate to complex critical performance issues with technical resources and management.
· Collaborates with technical, reporting and application resources to analyze and resolve moderate to complex production issues in a timely manner. Provides input into possible solutions based on prior system knowledge and basic analytical skills.
· Provides work direction and/or supervise staff such as subordinates, contractors, vendors, students, etc.
· Manages basic projects or work packets ensuring timelines, deliverables and expectations are met.
Performs other duties as assigned.
· Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in a major such as computer science, information technology, or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
· 2 years functional/business/system analysis or other relevant experience required.
Please see information below:
· Cognos BI
· CERES (Grants Administration)
· PeopleSoft Financials/SCM (NUFinancials)
Infrastructure (extends across applications)
· Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook)
Programming Languages and Frameworks
· critical thinking
· problem solving
· use-case analysis
· collaboration and teamwork
· evaluate resources
· functional documentation
· organizational skills
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to effectively present ideas, oral and written, to various audiences, including technical staff and customers (system users)
· Customer service and organizational skills
· Demonstrated ability to take direction well and to work well as a member of team
· Moderate functional expertise with Microsoft Office product suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent tasks effectively within time constraints
· Ability to acquire technical and functional proficiency with new software applications
· Knowledge of higher education or public sector business processes in research administration, whether pre- or post-award.
· Experience working as part of a diverse information systems project team is highly desired.
· Knowledge of current industry best practices in software development and implementation methodology.
· Experience with design and delivery of data conversion, interface, and security features within ERP systems desired.
· Experience using portfolio and project management tools such as JIRA or DAPTIV.
· Experience developing training materials intended for system users.
· Experience using a production support ticketing system such as Footprints.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
· Strong analytical skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work well as a member of a team, with a focus on delivery of results.
· Ability to effectively present ideas, both orally and in a written form.
· Strong customer service skills.
· Ability to use query tools such as SQL to analyze data.
· Ability to quickly acquire technical and functional proficiency with new software applications.
· Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
· Experience with software development or implementation processes.