Research Technician - Cole Eye Imaging Research Lab - Dr. Ehlers
Job posting number: #7134687 (Ref:ccf17997298)
Posted: March 17, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Under the supervision and guidance of the Research Staff Investigator or Technologist, performs the following functions: performs laboratory techniques and procedures required for experimental studies projects as assigned, assists with establishing and scheduling various procedures and analysis, conducts tests and procedures utilizing various laboratory equipment and instrumentation, assembles experimental results for review by various staff, and orders laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Performs laboratory techniques procedures required for experimental studies.
- Performs technical lab duties as delegated by the Research Staff Supervisor related to the assigned project. Schedules and performs the various analysis needed to complete the project.
- Assists with establishing and scheduling of various procedures and analysis.
- Prepares reagents, purifies chemicals using chromatography, distillation, etc., identifies, separates and quantifies various substances.
- Conducts tests and procedures utilizing various laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Accumulates data from analyses, prepares charts, graphs, statistical tables for presentation to Research Staff Supervisor for final analysis and preparation for publication, grant proposals and applications for research funds.
- Potentially orders laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic laboratory procedures, techniques, methods and analysis sufficient to perform a variety of research protocols; basic knowledge of quantitative and statistical methods normally attained through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in a biological science major or a related field of study.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- A minimal amount of applicable experience may be considered to offset up to one year of the college degree requirements.
- After selection and placement into this position, up to six months of on-the-job training required to become familiar with laboratory techniques, procedures and research protocols.
- Normal physical requirements include good near visual acuity and color acuity.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.