Postdoctoral Fellow - Arditi Lab
Los Angeles, CA
Job posting number: #7112363 (Ref: HRC1039500)
Posted: October 1, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other Research Scientist, the Postdoctoral Fellow will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. Analyzes and interprets data. May assist in preparation of grant proposals. Participates in publications and presentations as author or co-author. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
• Will participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author ad abstract preparations.
• Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
• May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
• Will analyze, interpret, summarize, and compile data.
• Will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures for experimental murine models of Alzheimer's Disease and infection throughout training period.
• Will operate and maintain equipment and instruments. Experience in mitochondrial function and biology, in microscopic imaging and mouse dissection and experience in handling mice, including genotyping and breeding are strongly preferred.
• Will assist in preparation of grant proposals and encouraged to apply for relevant fellowship grants.
Doctorate (Ph.D., D.Sc., M.D. or equivalent from an accredited institution) in neuroscience or neuro-immunology or related fields.
Experienced in mouse models.
Preferred training in Neuroimmunology- Neurodegenerative disease
Experience with immunofluorescence is preferred .
A track record of scientific productivity, as well as excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time. Moderate lifting.
Working Title:Postdoctoral Fellow - Arditi Lab
Business Entity:Academic / Research
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.