Strongsville ASC OR RN PRN
Job posting number: #7107382 (Ref:ccf16410613)
Posted: August 4, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Establish and maintain courteous and cooperative relations with patients and other users of the ASC.
- Oversees the clinical practice of nursing in the ASC including assessing patient care needs and planning the delivery of care utilizing the nursing process in a variety of settings.
- Directs other caregivers in providing patient care.
- Assumes charge responsibilities and resolves problems.
- Reports variances from standard practice to the Nurse Manager.
- Develops educational material and provides health education to patients and families.
- Processes patients through the ASC.
- Assesses the level of personnel skills and the availability of resources to meet established patient outcomes.
- Actively participates in attaining ASC goals and mission.
- Monitors and evaluates cost effective practices within the ASC.
- Participates in the development and utilization of quality monitoring programs within the ASC.
- Responsible for personal and staff development by maintaining nursing competencies.
- Completes all mandatory nursing competencies and educational requirements within a defined time frame.
- Participates in the preparation of staff development programs. Identifies self-learning needs, establishes personal and professional goals to meet those needs and evaluates attainment of set goals.
- Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in the workplace.
- Contributes to the positive atmosphere of the workplace.
- Interacts with patients, visitors and staff in a courteous, helpful manner.
- Demonstrates respect for the cultural and social differences that exist among people.
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding patient, families and staff members.
- Resolves conflict in a positive manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Current state license as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) complete ACLS training successfully within 6 months of hire.
- If performing moderate/procedural sedation must have Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire.
- For those caring for pediatric population, completion of Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA)
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Current demonstrated clinical proficiency.
- Ability to establish and maintain courteous and cooperative relations with patients and other users of the ASC.
- One year of clinical experience as a RN in a perioperative or critical care setting.
- Three years Surgical Technician experience may substitute for the one year clinical RN experience.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.