Lead LVN - Urgent Care, 10hr Evenings
Beverly Hills, CA
Job posting number: #7106887 (Ref: HRC0968118)
Posted: July 30, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Are you ready to bring your clinical competencies to a world-class Medical Group known for the very highest clinical standards? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient satisfaction? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you.
The Cedars-Sinai Medical Network is committed to helping primary care and specialist physicians provide excellent care to all their patients, who benefit from convenient access to primary and specialty care physicians and seamless coordination of care between them. As a part of Cedars-Sinai, our physicians and staff are partners in quality health care from a medical center that is consistently recognized as one of the finest hospitals in the country. For the 8th consecutive year, we have been named one of the top 20 Physician Groups in Southern California by Integrated Healthcare Associates (IHA).
The Lead LVN works under the direction of the site supervisor or site manager to support providers and clinical staff in the delivery of health care within the scope of practice of the Licensed Vocational Nurse. The Lead LVN supports the clinical team in both direct and indirect patient care as required by the department. The Lead LVN works collaboratively with providers, clinical staff and other disciplines in the health care team to deliver safe and efficient patient-centered care.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains clinical workflows by coordinating and assuring proper clinical team coverage needed to support providers and deliver safe patient care.
- Monitors daily performance of the clinical team to ensure delivery of efficient quality care.
- Conducts departmental orientation and assures that onboarding measures have been met to meet the needs of the department and of the employee.
- Trains the clinical team in workflows to perform required job duties.
- Provides review of clinical skills and performance abilities using designated evaluation tools.
- Provides coaching and counseling according to organizational policies and procedures to improve performance under the direction of the site supervisor or manager.
- Assists with controlling wage and non-wage expenses including pharmacy and supplies in accordance with the guidelines set by the organization.
- Provides direct and indirect patient care within the scope of the LVN.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of clinical practices defined by organization policies, procedures, and best practice standards.
- Ensures staff have met the necessary certifications and licensing requirements to perform their duties in the work environment.
- Works in a collaborative role with leads, supervisors, managers and related offices or organization
- High School Diploma required
- completion of an accredited Vocational Nurse program
- Valid CA LVN license required
- BLS certification required
- IV Therapy and Blood Withdrawal certificate required
- 5 years of LVN experience required
- Working Title: Lead LVN - Urgent Care, 10hr Evenings
- Department: Wil-Rob IM
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Evening
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.