Patient Contact Nurse, RN
Beverly Hills, CA
Job posting number: #7106882 (Ref: HRC0975998)
Posted: July 30, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Are you ready to bring your clinical competencies to a world-class Medical Group known for the very highest clinical standards? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient satisfaction? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you.
The Cedars-Sinai Medical Network is committed to helping primary care and specialist physicians provide excellent care to all their patients, who benefit from convenient access to primary and specialty care physicians and seamless coordination of care between them. As a part of Cedars-Sinai, our physicians and staff are partners in quality health care from a medical center that is consistently recognized as one of the finest hospitals in the country. For the 8th consecutive year, we have been named one of the top 20 Physician Groups in Southern California by Integrated Healthcare Associates (IHA).
The Patient Contact Nurse provides indirect registered nursing care through the use of telecommunication technologies within the scope of nursing practice. Applies best practice nursing standards in the delivery of patient care through nursing triage, assessment, prioritization, consultation, and referral to the appropriate level of care to our patients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Triages patient calls which allows for immediate response to symptoms, such as chest pain, or can advise care appropriately.
- Responds to patient messages within the appropriate timeframe determined by supervisor.
- Assesses, screens, provides patient education, and may provide recommendations over the phone with defined protocols.
- Supports ACET clinical care by being a direct resource for telephone calls that require assessment that is outside of the scope for the ACET teams.
- Manages provider in-basket messages.
- Performs direct patient care in assigned department, as needed.
- Communicates status of patients to doctors and clinical staff.
- Delegates work to clinical and non-clinical personnel and multitasks.
- Coordinates the delivery of care within the practice setting.
- Uses electronic medical records (EMR) to acquire patient history and document patient care.
- Practices in-depth knowledge in all aspects of nursing care and/or knowledge in the management of care for patients.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) preferred
- Valid CA RN license required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) - American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross (ARC) Certification required
- 3 years of Nursing experience minimum
- 1 year Triage nursing or related experience preferred
- Working Title: Patient Contact Nurse, RN
- Department: Access - Care Experience Team
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.