Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7099958 (Ref:11283-en_US)
Posted: May 12, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Postdoctoral Associate will be engaged in studies of neural development, genetics, anatomy, and neural circuits. Candidates will be expected to design and executive experiments related to the neuropathology and neurophysiology of the cerebellum. Analyses will employ highly quantitative tools and the implementation of rigorous statistical tests. The data generated will be used to test hypothesis about cerebellar function, behavior, and neurotherapeutics using different in vivo paradigms.
- Executes experiments using:
- conditional genetic approaches,
- in vivo electrophysiology, and
- mouse behavior.
- Analyses data using:
- MATLAB, and
- Records data for peer review publications and presented as posters and talks at national and international conferences.
- Participates in weekly lab meetings, monthly NRI/TCH seminars, and TCH Department of Pathology meetings.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- PhD in Neuroscience or a highly related field.
- Experience with mouse genetics and in vivo electrophysiology.
- Experience with coding using MATLAB or equivalent tools.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.