Coordinator Sonography Education
Job posting number: #7091307 (Ref:18028183712)
Posted: January 5, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Implements curriculum for the Sonography Program of the School of Diagnostic Imaging.
- Develops course schedules to ensure theory and clinical implementation according to an established curriculum plan.
- Uses knowledge of school philosophy, objectives and organizational framework in implementation of the curriculum.
- Demonstrates knowledge of skill progression across the curriculum and knowledge of course and clinical objectives.
- Collaborates with clinical preceptors from each clinical site to ensure that logistical implementation of the curriculum meets the needs of the students, school faculty, patients and staff of clinical sites.
- Promotes student learning through effective classroom instructional activities.
- Plans, implements and evaluates didactic teaching strategies to promote student achievement of course objectives.
- Performs laboratory practicum for student demonstrations and practice of essential skills under simulated conditions.
- Promotes the use and development of critical thinking skills in the student. Promotes student satisfaction and active participation.
- Coordinate clinical education with didactic education as assigned by program director.
- Evaluate and ensure the effectiveness of clinical experiences for the concentrations students are enrolled in.
- Provide clinical instruction and document the evaluation and progression of clinical performance leading to clinical competence.
- Assists with the tactical planning activities for the school with hiring, student selection and termination decisions.
- Collaborates with director, manager and staff to ensure effective planning, implementation and evaluation of the curriculum.
- Contributes to ongoing development of curriculum including philosophy, courses, school and course objectives, course sequence and content.
- Collectively responsible with all faculty for educational effectiveness and participates in evaluation studies to improve school outcomes. Assumes responsibility for the school in Director’s and Manager’s absence.
- Assists with completion of JRC-DMS Self-Study and site visit to obtain and maintain school accreditation and help ensure compliance with national educational standards that will give students the knowledge, skills, attributes and clinical experience needed for entry into the profession and for practice of the profession.
- Assists in the preparation and updating of the program policies and enforcement of program, hospital and organizational policies.
- Participates in community activities and encourages student and peer participation. Assists with organizing and conducting career days and other recruiting activities that foster positive relationships with the community. Conducts seminars and in-service programs.
- Keeps current in the field of sonography and maintains professional growth through current literature, attendance at workshops, seminars, membership in professional organizations and networking with other sonography educators.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree required.
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Must be a Registered Diagnostic Sonographer credentialed by The American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Must have certification in Abdominal, OB/GYN, and Vascular.
- Must obtain Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within new hire period.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Must be able to direct the work of others (students).
- Minimum two years’ experience as a registered sonographer.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires standing, walking and sitting for extensive periods of time.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate basic office equipment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.