Room Service Operator
1320 Mercy Drive N.W., OH
Job posting number: #7087855 (Ref:16959470400)
Posted: October 26, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Room Service Operator answers the “Preferred Time to Dine” phones in the diet office in an effective, efficient, and courteous manner; visits patients and families at bedside to assist in the selection of meals appropriate for regular and/or modified diets; enters meal selections in to the Vision Software Technology (VST) system.
- Assists patients in selecting foods appropriate for diet.
- Notifies patients of diet changes.
- Prepares enteral feedings along with other floor stock supplies.
- Respects patient’s confidentiality; does not divulge any patient information outside the functions needed to deliver care/services.
- Conducts services with consideration of patients, their family, and friends with regard to their personal dignity and respect for their values.
- Answers phone calls promptly and courteously.
- Communicates to management any problems or issues that need assistance.
- Patient meal selections are completed prior to leaving for the day.
- Assemble snacks and enteral feedings.
- Work area is cleaned and organized by the end of the shift.
- Observes infection control practices, safety standards, and food handling principles at all times.
- Performs duties in a safe, functional, and effective manner that reduces hazards and risks, prevents accidents and injuries, and maintains safe condition by adhering to established safety standards.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs
- Standing and walking approximately 50% of day, sitting 50% of day.
- Ability to handle situations using patience, flexibility, and concentration.
- Reasoning and problem-solving abilities required for meeting changing demands of assigned areas and units.
Educational, Licensure, & Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Nutrition/food service course work preferred.
- Previous food service experience in a hospitality, hotel, or hospital setting preferred.
- Comfortable utilizing technology to perform duties.
Keywords: Food Service, Healthcare Food Service, Culinary Arts, Chef, Food Preparer, Food Handling, Nutrition
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.