1320 Mercy Drive N.W., OH
Job posting number: #7087731 (Ref:16924761296)
Posted: October 25, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Surgical Technologist performs under the supervision of a registered nurse. The functions performed required judgement based on the application of knowledge and adherence to the standards, policies, and procedures of Cleveland Clinic Mercy Hospital, the Nursing Service Division, and the Department of Surgery.
- Ensures correct interpretation of procedures, standards, and techniques.
- Collaborates with the perioperative team to ensure effective communication.
- Performs calmly, efficiently, and effectively in stressful and emergency situations.
- Assists the surgical team at the field during the operative procedure by setting up instruments, sutures, dressing, and other sterile supplies for each specific procedure.
- Checks supplies prior to opening for procedure to verify that physician’s needs are present in the room.
- Differentiates items to be opened or held to promote cost-effectiveness for procedures.
- Observes sterile techniques at all times, while remaining alert to surgeon’s needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of instruments, names of instruments, and locations.
- Demonstrates proper care and handling of instruments and equipment, including proper cleaning and sterilization.
- Sets up the case in a timely manner without causing room delays.
- Cares for specimens and cultures as directed by policy.
- Reports equipment failures immediately using incident report and product failure reports.
- Removes equipment from room.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 100lbs occasionally, 50lbs frequently, and/or 25lbs constantly.
- Transferring, repositioning patients.
- Reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching for patient care functions.
- Ability to perform effectively in a stressful and fast-paced environment.
- Exposure to Biological, Chemical, Radiation, and Laser Beam.
Educational, Licensure, & Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Surgical Technology required.
- Certification preferred.
- Previous experience preferred.
- BLS required.
Keywords: Surg Tech, Surgical Tech, NBSTA, Scrub, Operating Room Technician, Surgical Technician, CST, Certified Surgical Technologist, PACU, OR Tech, OR Assistant, Surgical Assistant
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.