Health Unit Coordinator - 3 West - PT - Evenings
Mayfield Heights, OH
Job posting number: #7085859 (Ref:138776)
Posted: September 22, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Conducts an in-person greeting, welcome and orientation to the unit for newly admitted and transferred patients.
- Responds to patient call lights in a manner that expedites appropriate follow through.
- Makes rounds on patients throughout their hospital stay.
- Communicates and facilitates communication with patients, families, other departments and health care team members regarding patient care.
- Assists with processing patient admissions, transfers and discharges.
- Provides concierge service to assist patients and families with way finding and directs them to available resources.
- Assembles and maintains patient medical records and other documents related to patient care.
- Assists with unit clerical functions.
- Assists in trouble-shooting equipment failures such as call system, portable phones, WOWs and other unit devices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- College degree preferred.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a customer service-related role.
- Prior job experience with typing or computer training or equivalent coursework.
- Microsoft Office experience preferred
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires frequent data entry, standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Requires normal or corrected speech, hearing and vision.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or body fluids.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.