Chairperson of the Department of Psychological Science
Job posting number: #7081842 (Ref:BSU26056)
Posted: August 5, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively represent the department and its faculty to the college and university.
- Plan strategically with the members of the department for the department’s future development.
- Continually assess progress toward department goals.
- Manage department budget.
- Plan and allocate department resources.
- Plan curricula with faculty.
- Assign teaching loads.
- Ensure adequate student advising.
- Address student concerns.
- Manage departmental office and personnel.
- Provide leadership and support to the faculty in their teaching.
- Conduct research and participate in service endeavors.
- Willingly engage external constituents (e.g., alumni, friends, etc.) in support of the mission of the department, the college and the university.
- Assign and review work, orient and train staff, and make recommendations in all areas related to supervision, including but not limited to interviewing and selection, compensation, discipline, performance appraisal, and training and career development of personnel.
- Supervise research projects of undergraduate and graduate students.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.