Job posting number: #7076788
Posted: April 7, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionDescription of Work
The Postdoctoral Associate will work in Dr. Katie Edwards’ Interpersonal Violence Research Laboratory (IVRL), housed within the Nebraska Center for Research on Children, Youth, Families, and Schools (CYFS). The mission of the IVRL is to develop, implement, and evaluate prevention and intervention efforts for partner and sexual violence. The Postdoctoral Associate will be expected to conduct original research in addition to working with Dr. Edwards and other IVRL members to write and submit grants, publish papers in high-impact journals, assist with project management, contribute to the development and evaluation of prevention and intervention initiatives, and assist with the mentorship of undergraduate and graduate students. The position is ideal for individuals wishing to ultimately pursue a faculty position at a research-intensive university. For more information please see: http://cyfs.unl.edu/academies-bureaus/ivrl/projects.php.
As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See http://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Ph.D. in psychology, sociology, public health, social work, family studies, criminology, or a related field.
• Successful history of scholarly dissemination efforts as evidenced by at least one first-author peer-reviewed journal article.
• Experience mentoring undergraduate and/or graduate students with a research laboratory.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the field of violence prevention and intervention.
• Proficiency in data management and ability to conduct advanced statistical analyses.
• Experience writing federal and/or foundation grants.
• Experience developing, implementing, and/or evaluating violence prevention and/or intervention initiatives.
Pre-Placement Driving Record Review Required
Criminal History Background Check Required
How to Apply
Click “Apply to this job.” Complete the information form and attach the following documents:
1) Letter of application with brief narrative addressing qualifications for the position;
2) Curriculum vita;
3) Contact information for three (3) professional references; and
4) Provide up to three (3) samples of scholarly publications, with at least one being a first author publication. Combine publications into one document and attach as “Other Document.”