Job posting number: #7069307
Posted: August 31, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionPosting Text
Dakota State University invites applicants at all levels for multiple full-time openings as a Research Engineer.
These positions are 12 month, full-time, and benefit-eligible. The positions will report to the lab director. Upper level placements will supervise teams of 8-10 in addition to student researchers.
• Review, isolate, analyze, and reverse engineer software programs.
• Document the specific capabilities of the specimen (code, virus, etc.) and understand the concept of exploitation scenario.
• Create a detailed technical report including proof-of-concept exploit code.
• Stay on top of the “vulnerability landscape” and be up-to-date on current attacks or potential attacks and prepare counter-measures (if possible) to thwart those attacks.
• Analyze common network services and software applications in order to discover new and potential vulnerabilities.
• Strong understanding of low-level computer fundamentals, assembler and processor architecture, and experience with C, C++ and assembly programming.
• Relevant experience involving WinDbg or OllyDbg, BinDiff, IDA Pro, and Ghidra.
• In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP.
• Desire to perform cyber security research on real-world software.
• Activities will include vulnerability assessment (source code auditing, fuzzing, etc), reverse engineering (static and dynamic analysis) and exploit development. Malware analysis will also be covered.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as cyber operations, computer science, network security, computer engineering or similar field with demonstrated technical acumen and interest.
• Ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI FS+ clearance. Preference will be given to candidates that currently hold this clearance.
• Master’s degree in a technical field such as cyber operations, computer science, network security, computer engineering
These positions are contingent on grant funding
DSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. The employment site will allow the attachment of a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and a minimum of three supporting references which include email addresses and telephone numbers.
For questions concerning the position, send emails to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled.