Computer Science Online Adjunct-2020
La Grande, OR
Job posting number: #7067052
Posted: June 18, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Description Summary
The College of Science, Technology, Mathematics, and Health Sciences at Eastern Oregon University is recruiting for online adjunct instructors.
EOU is interested in applicants who are committed to assisting our students in reaching their professional goals.
Appointments are on an as-needed basis and would begin no earlier than September 16, 2020.
See webpage for full program information: https://www.eou.edu/computer-science/
Adjuncts will be responsible for:
Teaching online undergraduate level courses and programs (or any combinations thereof) in the areas of Computer Science, Computer & Network Security, Information Technology Management, and Software Engineering.
The candidate must be committed to ensuring that every student is a full member of the EOU community and that all community members recognize, promote and take advantage of the educational and cultural value of diversity.
A Master’s Degree in computer science or related field from an accredited institution at the time the appointment begins.
Successful candidates will have experience in one or more of, but not limited to, the following areas of specialization: artificial intelligence, network security, information security, information management, computing systems, theoretical computing. However, other relevant experience will be considered.
Commitment to excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level is required.
Successful completion of an EOU background check and credential verification and submission of valid work authorization documents
Industry experience in computer science or a related field;
PhD or ABD in Computer Science or a related field.
Online Teaching experience
Competency in the use of an online learning management software application(s) ( i.e. CANVAS, Blackboard, etc.)
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Summary
Applicants must provide:
1. Applicants must provide a Letter of application (which should include why this position is attractive to the applicant, how it meets the applicant’s professional goals, and what attracts the applicant to EOU’s online program),
2. Curriculum vitae which includes the names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three professional references,
3. Transcripts (official required for finalists),
4. A one-page statement of teaching philosophy,
5. A sample syllabus (use “Portfolio 1” in the online application system to upload the syllabus), and
6. A sample of Learning Management System use for online courses (use “Portfolio 2” in the online application system to upload this documentation).
Only complete files of qualified applicants will be reviewed. Candidates are encouraged to review the values and principles of Eastern Oregon University: https://www.eou.edu/strategy/values-and-principles
Eastern Oregon University is an EEO Employer and welcomes applications from women, members of historically underrepresented minority groups, US Veterans, and persons with disabilities.