Life Science Research Professional 1
Job posting number: #7057263
Posted: May 13, 2019
Job DescriptionStanford University is seeking a Life Science Research Professional 1 to perform basic functions and activities involved in defined research projects, and independently conduct and analyze experiments.
• Plan approach to experiments in support of research projects in lab and/or field based on knowledge of scientific theory.
• Independently conduct experiments; maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes.
• Apply the theories and methods of a life science discipline to interpret and perform analyses of experiment results; offer suggestions regarding modifications to procedures and protocols in collaboration with senior researcher.
• Review literature on an ongoing basis to remain current with new procedures and apply learnings to related research.
• Contribute to publication of findings as needed. Participate in the preparation of written documents, including procedures, presentations, and proposals.
• Help with general lab maintenance as needed; maintain lab stock, manage chemical inventory and safety records, and provide general lab support as needed.
*- Other duties may also be assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in biology or a biology-related field.
• Must have experience in molecular and cellular approaches.
• Experience with mouse models considered a plus.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree in related scientific field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
• General understanding of scientific principles. Demonstrated performance to use knowledge and skills when needed.
• Demonstrated ability to apply theoretical knowledge of science principals to problem solve work.
• Ability to maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes.
• General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs, databases, and scientific applications.
• Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
• Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to accurately complete detailed work.