Postdoctoral Fellow in Machine Learning
Job posting number: #7057213 (Ref:32442)
Posted: May 6, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionThe Department of Cancer Physiology seeks to hire an Applied Postdoc Fellow. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of Dr. Natarajan Raghunand (https://moffitt.org/research-science/researchers/natarajan-raghunand/). Dr. Raghunand is the Director of Radiology Research, faculty member in the Department of Cancer Physiology (https://moffitt.org/research-science/divisions-and-departments/basic-science/cancer-physiology/), and Scientific Director of the Image Response Assessment Team (IRAT) Shared Service at the Moffitt Cancer Center.
• The candidate will have several opportunities to participate in cutting-edge research at the interface of Imaging Science, Radiology, and Oncology. Dr. Raghunand’s group focuses on imaging research aimed at:
o Development of differential diagnostics for cancer by machine learning on multiparameter Magnetic Resonance Imaging (mpMRI) and digitized multiplexed immunohistochemistry (MIHC) images.
o Development and clinical testing of mpMRI and MIHC biomarkers to guide immunotherapy of solid tumors.
o Joint reconstruction of mpMRI images from co-registered sparse k-space data to optimize performance of mpMRI machine learning diagnostic vs. total scan time.
• The candidate will be given opportunities to carry out research leading to potential first-authored peer-reviewed scientific publications in these and other projects.
• The candidate will be provided mentorship and support for career advancement.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Will have a doctoral degree in the areas of computer science, imaging physics, biomedical imaging, signal processing, or allied fields.
• Will have published expertise in machine learning or biomedical imaging.
• Will have good writing skills.
• Develop diagnostic tools using machine learning on multiparameter MRI and digitized multiplexed immunohistochemistry images.
• Collaborate with other members of the group and department.
• Present research findings at internal group meetings.
• Present research findings at scientific conferences.
• Publish research results in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
• Participate in the writing of research grant applications.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• A doctoral degree in a field such as Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Medical Physics, or a related scientific discipline.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Natarajan Raghunand (Natarajan.Raghunand@moffitt.org).
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and a drug free workplace