Senior Certified Nurse Midwife - Obstetrics and Gynecology
Job posting number: #7056131 (Ref:155771CS)
Posted: February 23, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Location: Harris Health Community Health Centers and Ben Taub Hospital
- Provides full scope, evidence based midwifery care to obstetrical and gynecological patients in accordance with approved midwifery and perinatal guidelines. Provides care within approved credentialing.
- Manages prenatal patients throughout the course of pregnancy with traditional prenatal care and CenteringPregnancy® group prenatal care.
- Performs triage for pregnant patients with problems or in need of labor evaluation from midwifery clinic sites and others as assigned.
- Manages normal labor and attends delivery.
- Manages third stage of labor.
- Perineal/vaginal repairs as needed.
- Throughout, provides comprehensive ongoing assessment of maternal, fetal, and newborn status.
- Identifies deviations from normal, develops plan of care, consults and refers as appropriate.
- Provides support to the family, includes them in the process and supports breast feeding.
- Manages postpartum course, including maternal assessment, breast feeding support, referrals as needed and establishes follow up plan.
- Identifies, manages and consults with physician faculty for obstetrically significant deviations and emergencies.
- Maintains accurate and complete patient records.
- Completes all charts according to HarrisHealth guidelines including chart completion, review of diagnostic tests, and communication with the patient.
- Review of diagnostic/laboratory tests must be accomplished within a reasonable amount of time.
- Prescribes medications as appropriate according to guidelines within the delegated prescriptive authority.
- Maintains documentation of chart review and communication with delegating physician as delineated in the Delegated Prescriptive Authority Texas state requirements. Utilizes E-prescribe as much as possible.
- Participates in midwifery QA/QI activities, CNM meetings, clinic and Centering meetings, and other meetings/activities as requested.
- Assumes responsibility for all mandatory training/licensure/and certifications.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Midwifery or Nursing or related field.
- Two years of work in full-scope midwifery.
- Current licensing as a Registered Nurse and as an Advanced Practice Nurse/Nurse-midwife by the Texas State Board of Nurse- Examiners.
- Current certification by the American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB).
- Bilingual English/Spanish