Research Nurse II - Pediatrics
Job posting number: #7056129 (Ref:202457CS)
Posted: February 23, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
This position is in Pediatric Cardiology at Texas Children's Hospital and will be responsible for assisting with the organization, implementation, clinical evaluation and data management of various clinical research studies in pediatric population. The selected candidate will be involved in the recruitment, screening, enrollment and evaluation of research subjects and will be under the direction of the Principal Investigators (PI) and other senior research faculty.
- Conducts studies according to protocol and completes source documentation and case report forms
- Educates the subjects on the details of the studies and ensures that clinical studies are conducted in accordance with the compliance guidelines of the associated regulating agencies, such as the FDA and NIH.
- Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, and organization of day-to-day activities for multiple NIH and non-NIH funded studies.
- Will be involved throughout the entire process of clinical research, including IRB protocol initial submissions and renewals, patient enrollment and informed consent, study procedures and testing, data collection and scheduling follow up appointments for subjects as necessary.
- Serves as liaison between physicians, patients, staff and study sponsors
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Two years of experience as a licensed Registered Nurse (RN). Degrees in lieu of experience will not be accepted.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.