Clinical Assistant Professor of Nursing
Houston , TX
Job posting number: #7055724
Posted: February 4, 2019
Job DescriptionDuties Performed in the Usual Course of the Job
The duties and responsibilities of this position include: teaching; advising and mentoring students; performing professional and community service and outreach; and contributing to ongoing program evaluation and improvement. The primary focus for this position is to serve as resource coach for undergraduate pre-licensure students.
Educational Requirements for the Position
Earned a MSN in Nursing.
Experience Required for the Position
• Candidate must have evidence of academic teaching experience in four-year University/College institutions
• Be at, or have credentials consistent with, rank of Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor
• Have experience as a Resource Coach
• Must hold an active, or be eligible for, an unencumbered Texas RN license
• Demonstrated record of high-quality teaching and curricular development knowledge
• Demonstrated record of a research agenda leading to refereed scholarship, professional presentations, and/or external funding suitable for rank
• Demonstrated involvement in professional service
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills and collegiality
• Minimum of three years undergraduate teaching and resource coach/student success support experience
Other Requirements for the Position
• Experience with accreditation and curriculum development
• Experience in innovative teaching and student success approaches
• Use of technology in instruction
• Experience with intra- and inter-professional collaborative education, scholarship, and/or practice
• Well-defined area of scholarship with evidence of current funding success
Special Instructions Summary
Sam Houston State University School of Nursing is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, and student populations while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and invite applications for 9 months, full-time, clinical track faculty at the rank of Assistant Professor.
The School of Nursing offers a baccalaureate degree in nursing and is seeking Texas Board of Nursing approval for a Master of Science program with a family nurse practitioner concentration. The University is member of the Texas State System. The School of Nursing is located at The Woodlands Center campus approximately 40 miles south of the main campus in Huntsville, TX. The successful candidate will be expected maintain a campus presence as resource coach and School of Nursing faculty.