Post-doctoral researcher with a strong background in Molecular Neuroscience
Job posting number: #7055625
Posted: January 30, 2019
Job DescriptionWe are looking for a post-doctoral researcher with a strong background in Molecular Neuroscience to study the neuroregenerative effects of mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) and their organelles on cognitive dysfunction as a result of cancer treatment at the cellular, molecular and behavioral level in mouse models. We are specifically interested in exploring the mechanism of transfer of mitochondria and exosomes from MSC to neuronal cells in vitro and in vivo. Experience with molecular cloning techniques, biochemistry, cell culture, confocal microscopy, and rodent behavior would be of great value for the research. The position is available immediately.
1. Research Activity
• Transfection of MSC and neuronal cells.
• Single cell RNA sequencing
• Culturing of neuronal precursors and mature neurons
• Isolation of cellular organelles
• Intravital and super resolution microscopy
• Calcium imaging
• Assess cognitive behavior in mice treated with chemotherapy
• Collect and process ex vivo biological samples
• Perform molecular studies on brain at RNA and protein level
• Perform immunohistochemistry
• Perform metabolic studies using Seahorse Flux analysis
• Prepare and write manuscripts for publication.
2. Interpersonal Skills, Communication, Learning Skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Communication with faculty and staff within and outside the laboratory.
• Ability to work with others in a highly collaborative manner.
• Good problem-solving abilities.
• Responsible for monitoring laboratory equipment and implementing safety procedures.
• Strong interest in basic and translational research
• Supervision of 1-2 research assistants
For further information please contact dr. Cobi J. Heijnen (email@example.com)
M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability or veteran status except where such distinction is required by law. All positions at The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center are security sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information. Smoke-free and drug-free environment.