Post Doctoral Fellow, Research Institute for Autonomous Systems (RIAS)
Grand Forks, ND
Job posting number: #7055476
Posted: January 23, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionUNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA, Research Institute for Autonomous Systems (RIAS), Post Doctoral Research Fellow, 3 Positions #s 00104115, 00104116, and #00104129, the last position requiring U.S. citizenship.
The Research Institute for Autonomous Systems is seeking a Post Doctoral Research Fellow starting 1 March 2019.
The Research Institute for Autonomous Systems (RIAS) develops autonomous systems and policies that serve societal needs and support a vibrant economy. RIAS has five focus areas: autonomous systems, applications, the data supply chain, cybersecurity, and policy.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will work with a team of interdisciplinary researchers on several projects, including an effort to develop an advanced visualization system for personnel operating a land vehicle in a cooperative (working with other entities to accomplish a mission) environment. The successful candidate's work may include, but is not necessarily limited to:
• Data collection, analysis, and reporting/publishing
• Coordination of meetings/research groups
• Student mentoring
• Travel to meetings/conferences
• Completion of a Ph.D. in Engineering, or a closely related field, by start-up date.
• Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen (required for position #00104129 only).
Preferred Skills/Desirable Qualifications:
• Experience with unmanned/autonomous systems
• Experience with human-machine teaming
• Experience with machine learning
• Experience with remote sensing
• Experience with visualization
• Strong communications skills
Please submit your application, including a cover letter, resume/CV, and contact information for a minimum of three references using UND’s electronic application process at:
https://www1.und.edu/finance-operations/human-resources-payroll/careers/secure/job-openings-external.cfm?category=2000+Academic&subcategory=2240+Post+Doctorate+Research+Fellow%3A for JobIDs: 5177 (2 positions) and 5212 (1 position, requiring U.S. citizenship). Questions about this position can be directed to Dr. Mark Askelson, RIAS Interim Executive Director, RIAS@UND.edu. The initial review of applications will commence on 1 February 2019. Position is open until filled.