Post-Doctoral Researcher with Strong Background in Neuroscience
Job posting number: #7055447
Posted: January 22, 2019
Job DescriptionWe are looking for a post-doctoral researcher with a strong background in Neuroscience to study the relationship between inflammation in obesity and predisposition to chronic pain in mouse models of arthritis and cancer treatment. Experience in working with rodents and a background in neuroscience, pain research and/or immunology is preferred. The position is available immediately.
1. Research Activity
• Immunohistochemistry and microscopy studies on nervous system and other tissues.
• Behavioral assays of physical activity and pain in mice.
• Work with genetically modified mice.
• Live-cell imaging of neuronal/immune cell physiology.
• Isolate and run biochemical experiments on protein & RNA isolated from mouse tissues.
• Perform pharmacological manipulations in vivo.
• Prepare and write manuscripts for publication.
2. Interpersonal Skills, Communication, Learning Skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Communication with faculty and staff within and outside the laboratory.
• Ability to work with others in a highly collaborative manner.
• Good problem-solving abilities.
• Responsible for monitoring laboratory equipment and implementing safety procedures.
• Strong interest in basic and translational research.
• Supervision of 1-2 research assistants.
M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability or veteran status except where such distinction is required by law. All positions at The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center are security sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information. Smoke-free and drug-free environment.