Assistant Professor of Biology
Job posting number: #7054203
Posted: November 8, 2018
Job DescriptionThe Department of Biology is seeking a genomicist, geneticist, or similar individual with skills in scientific communication, online course delivery, and academic partnership programs.
• Oversee, promote, and enhance the Bemidji State University/North Hennepin Community College Biology Baccalaureate Program located at NHCC in Brooklyn Park, MN.
• Teach undergraduate/graduate lectures and laboratories in genomics, molecular genetics, scientific communication, bioethics, capstone projects, other courses as needed, and to develop courses related to area of expertise.
• In addition to classroom teaching responsibilities, the successful candidate is expected to pursue research activities that engages undergraduate students in area of expertise.
• Collaborate with the Biology Department at the BSU Bemidji campus in department objectives and goals, and collaborate with the Biology Department at NHCC.
• Communicate regularly with the Center for Extended Learning at the Bemidji campus regarding delivery of the BSU/NHCC Biology Baccalaureate Program.
• Anticipate involvement with activities that support Bemidji State University's signature themes of environmental stewardship, civic engagement, and global/multicultural understanding.
• Participate in student advising, perform other additional assignments depending on department needs, and participate in faculty governance and committee work.
• Applicants with previous experience advising students on how to best transition from a two year community college program to a four year academic program are preferred.