Postdoctoral Associate - Pediatrics
Job posting number: #7053311 (Ref:190010KP)
Posted: September 20, 2018
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A postdoctoral associate position is available in the Department of Pediatrics, Section of Description Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, and Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine. The research interests focus on understanding nuclear receptor signaling in inflammatory bowel disease. The candidate for this position should have a strong background in molecular biology, cell biology, and immunology. The candidate must be self-motivated and be able to work independently with outstanding writing skills. Attention to detail, organizational communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks are essential.
- Assisting faculty in maintaining and organizing lab schedules, protocols
- Overseeing the maintenance of lab equipment and environment
- Designing and conducting research experiments
- Maintaining experiment records, analyzing and interpreting research data, and reporting to the principal investigator/mentor
- Conducting literature searches related to research projects and summarizing information in an appropriate format
- Selecting and determining appropriate research procedures
- Writing abstracts/manuscripts for scientific meetings and scientific publications
- Presenting research findings at local and potentially regional and national scientific meetings
- Assisting with grant preparations
- Suggesting technical or procedural improvements or troubleshooting in testing methods
- Providing guidance and mentorship for junior lab members, especially students
Required: Ph.D. in related research fields, minimum two years-experience in animal handling (particularly mice) and expertise in cell and molecular biology, immunohistology, protein and RNA analysis are required. Experience with primary cells isolation and cell culture are strongly preferred.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.